Powered by Blogger.

Lettuce Commence Using Clearly Fresh Bags

Monday, January 23, 2012

How long does spinach take to turn into sludge in your fridge?

I'm sure this is different for every household, but here, it averages about 3-4 days.  No matter how I bag it, store it, wash it dry it.  I have similar problems with other produce, but spinach is the quickest to get gross here, and I love fresh spinach so I have to really make sure I watch and eat it before it goes all brown and gross.

Guess how long this spinach has been in my fridge?

So healthy!  Bright!  Green!  Not slimy or wet or even a hint that it's turning!

Normally, I would say this looks like Day 2 of Spinach in the fridge.  But no.  Neither is it day 3, 4, 5, or 6.  This is spinach that I bought LAST MONDAY.  One full week.

I can't believe it.  I've never ever had spinach last this long.  Here's the beginning of a salad I made tonight with the spinach and also romaine that I bought last Monday also.  Beautiful, no?
One week of fresh lettuce!  This is revolutionary.  This is magical!

Not really--this is the result of Clearly Fresh Produce Bags.
I don't do a ton of reviews, but when I do, it's because I fully believe in something.  Or I'll be honest that I'm not a huge fan.  I am not being paid to say this, though I did receive the bags for free to try, with no requirement that I express an opinion other than my own.  The reason that I sound like a sales person is because I really tried the bags and REALLY found that they were amazing!

I checked out the Clearly Fresh site to find out why they work.  A lot of large words (okay, not TOO large), but in short, the technology behind that little sticker on the bag lowers the respiration rate of produce naturally.  I don't really care how it works, but it works!

I tried the romaine, spinach, parsley, and cilantro this week. The cilantro got a little swampy, but the selection of cilantro was pretty terrible last week.  Everything else looks the way it did when I put it in the bag one week ago.  The great thing is that it's only $3.99 for 10 bags.  Fabulous!

Once again, let me tell you that I am for real only sharing my thoughts on these bags.  I am so thankful that I got to try them for free, but I would have let you know if they had been (which I fully expected) a failure.  If you have produce freshness issues, definitely try a set of bags! You'll be as amazed as I am.



1 comments:

ElleMcfierce January 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

I am buying three boxes of these, based on your review. No pressure... but these better be good! Haha... I'm just kidding. I did buy three though. One for me, my sister, and Chris's mom. We have been looking for something to help with fruits and veggies.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Translate

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP